Strongie

News Page of HeyStrongie.com!

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Iceland

I'm back from a WONDERFUL trip to Iceland, a country filled with ponies, ice-cream, & glaciers. Please enjoy the (many) photos below!





This was along Ring Road, the scenic exterior road around the country.



In fact, the scenery is so beautiful, even hamburgers fall in love (i.e. magic).



Homes in Reykjavik.



Scenery around our hostel in a remote part of the country.



More magic. The dipped cone is EVERYWHERE in Iceland. And this cone, "clown head," is their leader. He has a blue raspberry hat, gummy earrings, chocolate eyes, a lollipop nose, & a green gumball mouth. Hopefully, they will export this product very soon.



So pretty.



At our remote hostel on a (rare) sunny day.



This country is gorgeous.



Gently, pretty ponies, very friendly & sweet.



This was on the glacier, where we did a five hour hike & drank 1,000 year old water from a glacier puddle. I'm now going to live FOREVER.



I laughed out loud when I saw the glacier lake. It made me so happy to see these icebergs.



And, once again, this country is beautiful. This is their biggest waterfall, Gulfloss.



This is me, in crampons (sp?), & my harness on the glacier. Missing from the photo is my pick-ax (no joke).



The Blue Lagoon is a geothermal hot spring/spa, with natural mud masks in the lake. It was storming when we went, but delightful.

Okay! A lot of photos!

In craft news, I was accepted into the Boston Bazaar Bizarre, a December fair in Boston!!!! I'm so happy about this, &, especially happy that my wonderful (and talented) friend, Mary Bakija (carryboo.com) is also in the fair!

I'm working on the October fair right now, cutting trees & rabbits to stitch onto shirts. I'm excited about the new shirts, & relieved that they're taking less time, & I can charge less money.

Also, now that my hard drive is cleared, I can post photos of the new shirts!

Have a fun Sunday everyone!

xoxo
Strongie

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home