Strongie

News Page of HeyStrongie.com!

Monday, August 07, 2006

Totally Monday



For sure.

Have you all heard the band Smoosh yet? They're sisters, ages 12 & 14, & possible the most incredible thing to hit the music scene since Hanson. Do yourself a favor & get addicted to their songs. Now. As in right now. Stop reading this blog.

Okay, & for those of you that already know Smoosh & are still reading, please let me know how much you love them. This can be in either pictures or words (but not gestures).

Oh, & if someone could throw in a silkscreen miracle, I'd appreciate that as well. Tonight, I went to Pearl Paint to purchase more supplies for my neverending silkscreen saga. Yesterday, I let the emulsion remover sit too long on the screen, & it permanently set my stencil, which means I will have to stretch a new screen (something I was hoping to avoid).

Complete silkscreen failure, however, is no reason to give up. In the past, when I've silkscreened, I've either done the at home method using drawing fluid/screen filler, or in a studio using a vacuum & QTX. Now, I'm working in a small darkroom that's not quite set up to handle my mess & I don't have quite the right equipment. I strongly believe, however, that I'm making progress.

The first craft fair is October 7th, which is very close. I'll be away, for work in CA next week, then on vacation in CA the beginning of the following week. Then back in NY, & on vacation in Iceland the first week of September, which means I'll barely have time to prepare for the fair, & it's all my fault. Thankfully, I have inventory from Renegade.

Sometimes it's just nice to go to Providence, though (fair location).

Well. I hope everyone had a nice Monday. Please listen to Smoosh.

xoxo
Strongie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home