Strongie

News Page of HeyStrongie.com!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Lots of Wednesday Fun



Please enjoy this picture of socks my sister gave me recently!

Just like hairstyles, I've also been through various phases with my socks. In high school, I had to have patterned socks with characters on them. Then, in college, I liked mis-matched socks (with sandals - don't ask). I was horribly reminded of this flipping through old photos with Rebecca the other day.

After the sandal fiasco, I went strictly white. Then black dress socks for work - With white socks for fun. Now, I'm moving back into fun, colorful socks (this time without licensed characters!). Target has a nice sock selection (Danielle, don't worry - I'll pick up shorts for you while I'm there!).

Speaking of Danielle, she was just telling me about a new reality show on the Discovery Channel, in which the participants are cab riders in NYC. When they get into the cab (unbeknowst to them), they enter a game of trivia for cash prizes! Kind of makes me want to start taking cabs...

RANDOM LEMON CAKE BLOG INTERMISSION



And back.

I've fallen in love with the ease of internet buying, & have purchased several things recently (silkscreen materials). This has resulted in a large accumulation of boxes, some with peanuts, some without. But, thankfully, it means things are coming together (sort of).

I have a huge learning curve with my new T-Shirts for the Fall. In the past, everything was one-of-a-kind, hand-stitched, all pieces cut out fabric. This process is extremely time consuming, so I've made some changes in design.

The designs will be made in quantities of more than one, in different sizes, which was a problem I ran into having only one T-Shirt, in one size. Also, several elements will be silkscreened rather than stitched (think eyes on cloud & mouth on tiger). I've also decided to silkscreen the labels on the shirts rather than handsew woven labels (also time consuming).

I'm making them in a factory manner, where the the parts are broken down. This, hopefully, will speed up production & allow me to make more T-Shirts in the same amount of time.

I'll be in two fairs in the Fall (definitely) - The RISD Alumni Craft Fair during Columbus Day Weekend in October, & the RISD Alumni Holiday Sale in the Convention Center on December 9th. Rebecca & I will be sharing a table for both, & I'm very excited.

And I'll be debuting BABY CLOTHING!!!!
*Blue Octopus
*Pink Rabbit
*Yellow Cloud

The Adult Line will be:
*Brown Tree
*Black/Gray Lightning Bolt
*Hamburger
*Patterned Hearts

As things progress, I'll post pictures of them.

Have a great night everyone!

xoxo
Strongie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home