Strongie

News Page of HeyStrongie.com!

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Providence

Tomorrow I'm leaving for Providence, RI with Rebecca for the craft fair. We've both been so busy getting ready for the fair that we haven't had time to chat or hang out recently. I'm really looking forward to our quality time.

Yesterday was my last day of work (Re: quitting my job to make art full-time). I have a feeling I'll think I'm on vacation for the first couple of weeks until it sinks in. It's been so long since I've exclusively made art.

At work, my office was windowless, & I only left to walk between two buildings. Each time it was nice outside, I'd always feel like I was missing something. This morning, though, I went for a long walk in Park Slope, & loved every minute of it. Especially not rushing, something New Yorkers have to force themselves not to do.

My plan is as follows:

*Make art
*Be healthy
*See what happens

Lately, I've been putting my faith in the universe, which has worked wonderfully. I realized the things that weren't working out in my life (job, etc) weren't supposed to. Likewise, things that came easily were supposed to be. Since I've made the decision to leave, several opportunities have already come up. In the end, I was struggling at something I didn't want anyway, & the struggle was a sign that it wasn't meant to be.

On a lighter note, I now get to see my adorable niece more often, who will be over tomorrow.

Okay. I was out too late at a going away party, & am exhausted. Also have a cold.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone, & I will post pictures from Providence when I get back!

xoxo
Strongie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home